Summerfields Waterford’s Newest Urban Village
Summerfields is Waterford’s newest planned ‘urban village’. Within walking distance to the city’s main educational and employment centres, WIT and the IDA industrial park, its aspect is onto the rolling landscape of the surrounding countryside.
The adjacent Outer Ring Road provides a congestion-free link to the City Centre and minutes drive to Waterford University Hospital, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, numerous large retail parks and the stunning seaside towns of Dunmore East and Tramore. With numerous public transport options on the doorstep, residents will enjoy painless commuting.
The stunning Waterford Greenway is within easy cycling distance and offers tranquil, scenic and safe cycling for families Along the Greenway, families can enjoy the magnificent Mount Congreve House and Gardens, Suir Valley Railway, Kilmeaden Village and comfortably cycle all the way to Dungarvan where there are shuttle bus transfers to bring them home. The close-by Tramore Road river path offers traffic-free walking and cycling right into the city centre.
Summerfields offers something for everybody.
Easy access and close proximity to 75% of the major employers all within a 10 minute drive of Summerfields. With most of Waterford’s largest employers and some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical and life sciences companies operating in these locations, most are currently expanding and growing their operations in Waterford. Carriganore and the famous TSSG research and development centre is only a 5 minute drive and has recently been the birthplace of world-class tech based start-ups in the Region.
In fact Crystal Valley Tech recently launched a ‘ back for the future’ employment expo in Waterford where their tech partners advertised that they had 450 employment vacancies that need filling in Waterford. All of these opportunities are on the doorstep, making Summerfields the ideal location for big city weary professionals to enjoy a much improved quality of life outside the rat race.
Excellent primary and post primary options are already available within easy walking, bus or driving distance. A new post primary school is planned to sit in the heart of the new urban village. WIT’s main campus is within walking distance and as the college moves to University status in the coming months, the planned expansion of the Campus will push the new university even closer to this site.
There are multiple options on the doorstep for young and growing families. The nearby Waterford Eco park has a number of family and pet friendly walks in its unique parkland setting adjacent to the Kingfisher Health Centre with its numerous sports, leisure activities and 25m pool.
The Regional Sports Centre, the home of Waterford United offers soccer, athletics, pitch & putt and is within walking distance as is the Outer Ring Road, popular with joggers, cyclist and walkers.
A Cycle/walking lane which connects the Outer Ring Road to Tramore with its beaches and famous leisure attractions starts beside the development. Local sporting clubs such as Southend United, Waterford Crystal Junior League soccer clubs, Waterford Rugby Club and St Saviours GAA clubs are all within a 5 minute walk.
Set in over 92 acres of which, at least 20 are large parkland type open spaces, Summerfields offers exceptional space for family fun and enjoyment with a strong connection to the environmentally-friendly ethos that drives the Whitebox development team.
The urban Village is uniquely located beside adjoining the rolling countryside that is not planned for change. To the east is Kilbarry Bog, a natural protected wetland, unique in Ireland with a wealth of biodiversity.
To the south lies the tranquil countryside of Ballyhoo that is a protected greenbelt between the City and the County. The Ballyhoo area is easily accessed from the Urban Village via the Lacken Road and the footbridge crossing the Outer Ring Road.
The names Summerfields is derived from the rare Summer Snowflake flower (Leucojum aestivum) found in the area of the development. This beautiful rare flower is a part of the rich biodiversity found in the area.
The Summerfields development, like all Whitebox projects has been designed to help protect and enhance native biodiversity at every stage.
With a particular emphasis on vital pollinators, the naming of the estates within Summerfields is inspired by the vital bees, dragonflies and fauna found in the area.
They will incorporate the latest green technology that will not only reduce energy consumption resulting in cheaper bills, but will also meet the criteria for the pillar banks Green Mortgage initiatives that offer cheaper mortgages.
The net result of these innovative design and rigorous build standards will also ensure that the homeowners carbon footprint is significantly reduced.
EV ( electric vehicle) charging points are available for those homeowners that want to embrace a zero-emission lifestyle.
Summerfields will have a home to suit everyone from single professionals, couples, starting or growing families and the elderly.
The homes all have maintenance-free brick-faced exteriors with UPVC gutters, fascias and ultra energy efficient windows. Internally the homes feature and airy, open plan format with dual aspect to ensure all homes maximise natural light throughout the house.
The homes will all be A-rated energy performance meaning lower energy bills, EV (electric vehicle) charging points reinforce the strong focus on near neutral carbon footprint.
Are you interested in a Summerfields home? View further information about this stunning development or talk to one of our approved Mortgage providers who can fast-track your application to the best rate for your circumstances.
Key Features & Benefits
- All houses will achieve an A2 BER rating
- High levels of floor, wall and roof insulation throughout.
- Centralised mechanical extract ventilation system with no draughty background room vents.
- Airtight construction detailing ensuring minimal heat loss through building fabric.
- The development is designed to comply with all requirements of TGD Part M – Access and Use .
- Design also follows the guidance in Building for Everyone : A Universal Design Approach.
- The internal layout of the houses are designed with the owner in mind – large open spaces allow for modern day living.
- Tile floor finish to all wet areas such as kitchen, utility and bathrooms.
- 2700mm (9 Ft) high ground floor ceilings.
- Painted wall finish to all rooms in neutral tones.
- Shaker doors internally with modern chrome ironmongery throughout.
- Timber staircase and handrail.
- Contemporary skirting boards and architraves with gloss painted finish.
- Wardrobes to double rooms.
- Wall tiles to kitchen, bath, shower and wash hand basin splashback. bath
Bathrooms & Ensuites
- Porcelain wall tiles to bath and shower enclosures along with wash basin splashbacks.
- Modern sanitaryware with chrome fittings – ‘Sonas’ range.
- Dual flush water efficient toilets throughout.
- Bath / shower screens provided.
Kitchens & Utility
- Custom designed modern kitchens with selected worktops complete with tiles splashback.
- The utility room are plumbed for washing machine and dryers and fitted with countertop.
- Units – ‘Impulse’ German Kitchen, Slab MFC Leading Edge Door Selected Colour – 40mm laminated square edge worktop.
Mechanical & Electrical
- High speed fibre broadband available & pre wired for Virgin media.
- Generous allocation of sockets and data points.
- 6kw Daikin Altherma 3 third generation air to water heat pump unit complete with intuitive user interface ‘Hive’ or equivalent controller.
- Thermostatic controlled radiators ensuring continuous comfort levels.
- Smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors fitted in line with all current regulations.
- Low energy light fittings throughout.
- TV connection point in living room and master bedroom.
- Wired for EV charging port.
- Block built houses with painted render / brick front facades.
- Maintenance free dry dash finish to sides and rear elevations.
- Energy efficient ‘Future Proof’ windows supplied by Munster Joinery.
- Alutech Composite front doors with secure five-point locking system supplied by Minster Joinery.
- Sliding patio doors to rear garden – Munster Joinery.
- External light over patio door.
- Rear gardens are fenced with side gate, levelled and seeded
- Black PVC Fascia & Soffit
- Black PVC Gutters and Downpipes
- Black Tile Roof
- All houses come with a 10 Year structural Homebond to cover structure and mechanical& Electrical.
If you are looking to buy a new home, why not browse some of our latest developments and speak to one of our expert property specialists today?